Monday, October 31, 2011

Foundation challenges...

Hello readers and donators,

Last year, so many people donated their hard earned money to Hilton Byrne. They didn't purchase a T-shirt or sticker, they just gave money.

For those that did just give money,I want you to know it is a real challenge to start a foundation with less than $15,000.00

The government accounting fees, legal costs and liability insurance , administration and filings, of forming a foundation are far beyond 15,000.00,
and without a steady stream of incoming revenue, a Hilton Byrne Foundation would collapse and the money would be wasted in vain....

So, to honour the spirit in which the money was donated, I have used it in the following ways memorialize Hilton.

1) I purchased a street name in his honour in Newmarket. All donators will be invited to the ceremony in the spring.....

2) We keep producing t-shirts and stickers for free give aways, flags for rides ...

3) We have used the monies to create videos and manage the blog, so it will remain as a reminder to the safety of riders...

There has been a concern from a minority, that folks may want their money back.
Valid ..... So......

If you do, call my office or email me your request confidentially , along with a copy of your cheque. I will forward you the money back within 60 days. In full....with out question....

Sorry if I have let anyone down, or left any one feeling like they got ripped off....
That is not the case nor the intention...

I'm really sorry if I let my son down...

I did really try and I believe despite the foundation not being ........

Hilton did need to be remembered and we have done that....

Thank you for your support during this difficult time


Tim Byrne...

No comments:

Post a Comment