Sunday, October 31, 2010

Love janice wynne....

Tim, Kelly, Penny, and all the girls

I am so sorry for your loss of Hilton, he was a great young man whose time was brief but lived it without fear, with joy, and everything that youth brings, his impact on everyone was huge, including me. I will miss him.

Much love,


Janice
-------------------------------------
To All Parents
by Edgar Guest

"I'll lend you for a little time a child of mine," He said.
"For you to love the while he lives and mourn when he is dead,
"It may be six or seven years, or twenty-two or three,
"But will you, till I call him back, take care of him for me?

"He'll bring his charms to gladden you, but should his stay be brief,
"You'll have his lovely memories, as solace for your grief,
"I cannot promise he will stay, since all from earth return,
"But there are lessons taught down there I want this child to learn.

"I've looked the wide world over in my search for teachers true,
"And from the throngs that crowd life's lanes I have selected you.
"Now will you give him all your love, nor think the labor vain,
"Nor hate me when I come to call to take him back again?

I fancied that I heard them say: "Dear Lord, Thy will be done!
"For all the joy Thy child shall bring, the risk of grief we'll run.
We'll shelter him with tenderness; we'll love him while we may,
And for happiness we've known forever grateful stay.

"But should the angels call for him much sooner than we'd planned,
"We'll brave the bitter grief that comes and try to understand."

1 comment:

  1. Tim, Kellie, Penny, Kat and Georgia,

    My heart is broken with you all. I'm so sorry. We will all miss Hilton so much at Stadia ... what a great guy and such a love of life.

    Much love and support.
    Kathy xxoo

    --------------
    The Cord
    (author unknown)

    We are connected,
    My child and I, by
    An invisible cord
    Not seen by the eye.

    This cord can't been seen
    By any on Earth.

    This cord does it's work
    Right from the start.
    It binds us together
    Attached to my heart.

    I know that it's there
    Though no one can see
    The invisible cord
    From my child to me.

    The strength of this cord
    Is hard to describe.
    It can't be destroyed
    It can't be denied.

    It's stronger than any cord
    Man could create
    It withstands the test
    Can hold any weight.

    And though you are gone,
    Though you're not here with me,
    The cord is still there
    But no one can see.

    It pulls at my heart
    I am bruised...I am sore,
    But this cord is my lifeline
    As never before.

    I am thankful that God
    Connects us this way
    A parent and child
    Death can't take it away!

    ReplyDelete