Saturday, December 11, 2010

Snow boarding first day won't be the same















With the first day of snow boarding at mt. St. Louis tomorrow...

Hilton and I would have picked up our boards from KENMARK snow baords and ski shop... Fresh wax, good stories, hand shakes and hugs , smart mouth comments from all the guys.... And ken would give you a look like ....yeah what took you so long...to get your boards out of the store.

Hilti was cremated with his snow board gear on... Helmet, coat, gloves... Snow pants... Everything... Because we wanted him prepared for his journey with everything... He would want and need... He had just purchased the best coat with his own money, and he loved his gear....

Kat has his favioute board and his two beater boards we have Len, my moms boyfriend, who hilton really liked.... Len is building a sweet park bench out of his two shit beater  boards....

We snow baord every weekend,
And we always bring friend and family to teach and laugh at... The more people the better.. Hilton loved the crowed , just like the rest of us....

Hilton would get up before us... Even if he was out till 2am... It only took a russel of me up and he would jump in the shower and suck away the hot water pressure .... And be down stairs in his long johns, and getting all his gear together... Some toast, we would cut up an orange, glass of grape juice....

He was never good at packing the truck.. Hilton and I would fight on how to do it almost ever sunday morning he would tell me it does not fit..... And it did..

And yes we would stop and get timmies before we get on the 400 highway.

As we would pull into the parking lot of mt. St. Louis the first thing I would do is "gun it"  to a wicked donut in my wife's 8 passenger SUV, , and freak out all the staff,..... loud music kellie telling me to be careful....

Out of the truck ..... we come... Loud and full of fight, fun and laughs... In the main lodge.... and out on the hill,

As lunch approached... "Hans" the sandwich guy... The same sandwich guy for 20 years who has watch all my kids grow up... Always says hi, and remarks how the kids have grown.... In his german accent...

Fuck I'm  scared to see him or any of the girls at the counter...

Didn't matter how cold , or how little snow ... We loved first day....

It was our time , snow boarding, was a religion for us..it brought is together, to talk laugh, play, teach, learn... As a family...

Every time it has snowed this fall my girls cry... And say it hilton....

Every time it snows my throat get tight and I can barely breath....

First day without out you buddy . won't be the same...
Fuck... I miss hilti...

No comments:

Post a Comment