Saturday, December 18, 2010

Vermont killington, Hiltons first stop, the run is called HIGH Traverse
























After hearing  the devastating news of Danny on the thursday its seemed even more important for Kat and I to get out of  dodge so to speak,
----------------------------------
Thurs dec 16 2010

Danny, what we had thought to be a health guy of 49 years of age, passed away last night, in his wife's arms..

I saw silenna his wife at 9am....  Made sure she was still standing...
And offer support.
Hugs..

Then to the office
( I made that sound so, a matter of fact....it was .not)

After meeting my staff a 2cd time in less the 60 day over a sudden death in stadia family....
Ensuring that we are a family and we must help each other through our grief, and to learn to cope sober,
My staff have now seen the full me,
and the ones that have read this bog...ouch, look out.... They no more about me then me!!!


My office day was done..... Thank christ it was done....

I'm really tired and I feel a head cold coming on....

I have "not" been sick since my life turned  up side down. Not a cold, flu, nothing... This is my bodies way of saying..."shut down now".....

As I got home with peaches( my english bull dog )  by my side, I was heating up a frozen dinner alone,and then  a knock on my door,

There stood,
 robin who is not just a friend but also takes care of me at work...
She is standing in my door with her daughter Julie...

Julie ( age 21)  was in the final doctors meeting regarding my SON hilton,,, I have not seen her since the funeral, and she looks tired, but good, she has had a tough 45 days not only has hilton left us for ever
her own family is going through a rough spot.

As we sat on my couch and shot the shit I realised I had to get going...90 minutes passed

It was Soooo nice to see julie.. She makes me feel warm...

Kat was working at mastermind and wanted me to bring peaches in to see all the girls


And then I had to run and get georg before trampoline u

I'm getting up at 3am
-----------------------------------
Friday dec 17 2010

3:16.am I woken ,  in the shower.... And started to cry ... I sobbed so hard.... My shoulders shuddered in a exhausted heaving uncontrollable... With steam filling the room.... I was in the shower for 30 minutes , not un normal... But usually I'm  do something in  the shower other then cry for 30 minutes.... ( That sounded bad but was not intended)

 As I dry off and get my self together,,

Kat is up and its 4:03 am...and I'm packing up
kat showered the night before and she was packed..

To the kichen , crumpet in the toaster, peanut butter and jam yummy . I started the truck, we pack up.. And we were on our way..

First stop.....you know it....

Tim hortans....

4:30am
On the highway heading south east....  Toward vermont...
--------------------------------------
Kat and I talked the whole way... About fuck all, but it was good, boyfriends, and girlgfriend work , moms, dads, ....

On thesubject of rambling!
A teacher.....
 kats Art teacher told kat on thursday, that she should not be looking for sympathy marks... WTF, kat is a 17 year old girl, and its been 45 days...since...hilton...died... So I think all her teachers should shut up as she goes through a year of firsts....with out hilton.
I'm not sure what her teacher  said but it made kat feel sick....

As we pull into the "iNN on the long trail"....
We meet an old guy name okie.... He is a hippy, that runs the front desk at night, hangs out at the bar.... And talks to all the guests...

If you ever come to killington this is a cute, lovely warm place to come...

Music ever weekend at the bar, with irish gigs

Kat and I settle in to our room, two shit single beds miss match pillows, a shower that is clean , but not fancy.

We rest, have a nap..
Go into town, buy me some goggles and gloves

Back to the room at the iNN... For a nap again, by this time my HEAD COLD is out of control.. And I can't breath and my head hurts...
My skins hurts...

As we go down for dinner irish stew and freshly baked irish soda bread... OMG its so good,

After we finish you can here the irish band next door begin to play,
kat and I make our way over , they have a huge rock set off to one side in the bar,  it a rock that sits half inside and half out side the building / PUB
 They have build seats around it so its part of the decor.. It so cool....

We order a BEER, gunises, I think I'm here for my dad... Son or danny....

We drink the beer kat does not like it,
she sips slow to make me happy....out of respect...

We laugh and clap to a few songs, my head hurts and I have to go to bed,

As we rap it up
Off to bed,
 kat has a shower I take some drugs,
off we go to sleep,
 it seems when your so sick... Morning comes really fast.


It 7:30am the sun is beaming into our window... It is a beautiful cold day -9 maybe a little warmer

We make our way down stairs and sit in front of a window that shows the back of the INN, our view is a majestic Rock 20' high and 8' wide tipped up on edge , it looks like it could roll at any time into the window, small drift of snow, a pine tree grown , clinging from the side of the rock for dear life, ( see the pic) and in this quiet moment kat and I made EYE contact,  old soft sad irish folk music play in the back ground and a tear dropped from her green eyes  on to the linen table cloth... I ask did she have hilton.... And she. Said yes... ( A little black urn)

the lady Who served us  says her last name is BYRNE as well.... And she ask if we needed anything else...
Kat smile and with good manners like I have always shown her
She said sweetly
" No thanks"


We sat there in silence looking out the window at the big rock, for 15 minutes before we moved,
 Kat and I were a little apprehensive about going to the ski hill,

But we made it.... In no rush....

We hit the hill, got in our snow pants, sun was out -5 a little snow, not to crowed, ( killington has rude skiers, compared to other resorts)
-----------------------------------
Last year just after christmas we, kellie, me, hilton, kat  and georg rented a house and came to killington.... One of those day hilton and I took off on our own... And a lot of snow board video was shot here at killington....

So kat and I now where we are going and what we want to snow board...

We stopped for lunch and said its time to find a place for HILTONS  ashes...


After lucnh we hit the snow up one side down the other...of this mountain

I told kat to find a place that would be great for hilton....

She said " no you, "

UuuMmmm KAt.... ( What do I say..... Ok fine?

As we went down the hill there was the moment,
The trees covered in ice, drips of sunlight between snow flakes
The view was great you could see the gondola to the lower left and the valley beyond that...
 the RUN was called

 High Traverse-

We stopped,
 I behind kat sitting in the snow...

 kat, cried sitting 3 feet In front of me her back to me, but I can hear her wimper, shoulders slightly moving we can see the valley sun dance with snow and clouds, -9 ish we are not Cold
Tall snow covered pines, you could see the gondola and hear laughter, it all be came calm and surreal....

I slide down rolled on to my knees and ask kat for hilton,
 she handed me the little black urn, with brass strips, no words said, she made eye  contact...

spilled his ashes in front of me on the snow,
 put my fingers in the snow &  ash mixing them together a little... Just a touch,
, ... I told kat that it was ok, hilton was in a good place, and now he is here at killington too....

She cried...... So did I......

We sat there in silence,

We are gonna miss you hilton.... Fuck we miss you so much......

No comments:

Post a Comment