Friday, February 4, 2011

Tree riding was the best with hilton...

This afternoon, riding with kris , kat and georg in the trees...... it just felt so GOOD,

Sweating....

The trees were tight, fun, and we all had great bounce, we did this run about 4 times... Fast and hard, lots of hard tight turns cutting, digging in, music in my head blaring loud...

We would stop every 100 turns and have a drink of water....

At the bottom on the chair lift we would have some candy, dad loves handing out the candy...
this time it was fuzzy peach candy... One for everyone....

And up we go again...

Kat and georg are so good on there boards strong accurate,
ride with intuition and care...
But still taking risk....

Hilton was the same,

Each time we stopped I couldn't help but say:
" that was great, hilton would love that" ....

I have been talking to hilton a lot out here, when I ride

It goes something like this...in my mind....

" Hey buddy, I love you so much,
I fucking hate that your gone,
I hope your OK,
I'm so sorry ,

I want you back so bad, fuck buddy why you,
( big pause)
you and I were gonna hang out together ,
snow baord together as I got old,
you were to run the business one day...

GOD , I miss you, ......

____________________________
By this time tears run down my face to edge of my goggles, pooling usually on the right Eye, I pull them off my face and keep them off, by the end of the day, I just don't wear them
-------------


I said to georg on a water break, I wish hilton was hear,
she looks at me and say.... " Yeah, I wish I could hear his voice one last time"


I can remember...
Hilton would stop with all of us and in his great mood yell out

" GGEEEOOORRGG" in a deep growl ly voice, just like mine, him yelling her name resonated with me every time she wipes out... Or we stop and she can't get up...
____________________________

Julie stephenson sent me a email tonight with a quote out of an email she has kept of hiltons....

Hilton said to her

"its the best when your
standing on the top of the hill, looking down both feet straped in, and its
that second just before you drop, and the cold hits you, but not the wind, and
you've just been woken up (b/c its still 83o in the morning) and you start down
the hill, with the huge carves, its the best feeling live ever had, i know its
sounds ridicules but its true, its amazing"

The above was written by hilton to julie
November 11, 2008
____________________________
Kat and I have stopped and discuss where to place his ashes....

It has to be a place with a view, a destination, where we can stop years from now, and a place we can find.... Again..... years later...

We have a few choice places..... Pole #5 on the blackforest chair lift.... To the left when looking up, in the middle of the trees, yet we won't do it til tomorrow...
-----------------------------------
I almost forgot to finish the university drop off story...

2008 labour day weekend drop to university,
We drove out to big white, drop to the little village where the lemon gondola is and we promised each other that I would come out and ride with him....


On the monday, after shopping at walmart, buyings bed sheet, toilet paper, tons of supplies , condoms ( no condoms just kidding) we get all his shit to his room he cam down stairs to the parking lot... Busy place kids and truck un loading... Telling me to move my car... Time stopped stood still....

We stared at each other,

( Sigh)

I hugged him,

I said:
I love you hilton...
He said:
I love you dad....

I kissed him, wedge $500.00 into his hand...
Got in my car and drove out of the valley.......

And just sobbed,

That next 4 months he was gone,,, we talked 2 twice a week, I missed him so much...

When he came back and had failed every subject, spent more money on nothing,... And was really pissied off with him self, ... That he was about to quite

I was kind of happy to have him back, I know it sound selfish... I loved hanging with my boy..... I was pissed he didn't finish or make it but I was glad he was Home

Now he will never come home again.... I find this idea of never seeing him again so fucking awful it makes my heart ache , my mouth dry.... It hurts so deep...

I love you buddy....

No comments:

Post a Comment