Friday, November 5, 2010

In Memory of Hilton Byrne by Justus Zimmerly

In Memory of Hilton Byrne from Justus Zimmerly on Vimeo.

Hilton Byrne passed away peacefully on October 30th, 2010, twenty days after he was struck by a motorcycle while skateboarding with friends.

This footage is from a session we had on Canada Day, just a few months earlier. I recorded the footage with the intention of editing a really fun video but I became busy with other projects and never got to it. When I heard that Hilton had been in an accident and was in a coma, I knew it was time to finish the video. However, by the time I got home from travelling, Hilton had passed and I decided the video needed a new direction.

The session documented here was one of the most enjoyable days of skateboarding I have ever had and I will always remember it fondly. It was just as much about hanging out and goofing around with a couple of good friends as it was about riding. Hilton was stoked to see the finished video and I really wish he could have.

Ride in peace Hilton

1 comment:

  1. AMAZING..... I cried.. A LOT. Who ever made this is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete