Thursday, November 4, 2010

Trish Back and the Floros family

Dear Penny, Tim and family,



Remembering the days when Penny and I would plan for Hilton would come over after school to visit with our son James Floros.

He and James would be loudly and exuberantly playing in the other room then I would notice that things had become quiet – too quiet!

I'd make some noise as I got close only to hear them whisper, then snicker when I asked what was up. "Oh nothing" (exaggerated innocent whistling followed). Hilton would giggle even more as he let James do the talking. Those two played so well together.

Hilton's grandmother and Kat would sometimes come to pick him up and he always was an outstandingly polite and nice kid.



Back when dinosaurs were the hot topic on the Wells Street playground and Pokémon was popular I would read this poem to my boys when I tucked them in at night. It seems appropriate now as we remember Hilton.



Evening Prayer



The beautiful day has slipped away,

And the night has moved gently in.

I kneel by my bed, and I offer thanks

For the wonderful time that has been

For the song of the birds in the trees above

And the warmth of the golden sun



I thank you, God, for your loving gift

Of the beautiful day that is done.



The beautiful night feels cool and right,

Now the warmth of the day is gone.

I kneel by my bed, and I offer thanks

For the wonderful hours till dawn.

For the crickets' song in the darkened hedge

While the stars fill the sky like flowers



I thank you, God, for your loving gift

Of this beautiful night of ours.





Keeping you all in our thoughts and hearts,

Trish Back and the Floros family

No comments:

Post a Comment