Friday, November 26, 2010

Day one, our thanksgiving.

1:30 pm kellie calls me on my phone and tells me to come home...

As I turn the corner heading west on my street I can see the OPP cruiser in our drive way, from the stop sign, as I turn right off of edward.... First thought in my head was hilton got arrested for long boarding , smoking pot .... What ever, I used to tell him it was illegal and if he got caught ... I would leave him over night in jail.... Hehehe

I pulled up 1/3 on the side walk 1/3 on the drive way, 1/3 on the street..... Starsky and hutch style, right. Behind the black and white, bright sunny day thanksgiving day, the smell of turkey in the air.

Kellie standing with a police officer, and the edge of the walk way, arms crossed, eyebrows collapsed, looking in shock, and she blurts out

" Hilton has been in a life threatening accident!"

I said: Where is he?
Police man: In a helicopter! Going to st. Michaels hospital.

Me:: what a happens?
Cop: hit a motorcycle doing 70 km, he has head injuries

( Panic in my mind.... Spinning , must Think... I hug kellie) while mid hug i said: how long until he is there?
Cop: soon ,

I knew it was bad, they never send a cop to your house... Its like a movie right, get it..... Like a GOD DAMN movie... Never do you get a helicopter ride ... Never do you go
I can't drive that would be stupid, I need to be there when they land,
I look around, crossed the street, to the one person I knew 24 hours around the clock, would drop everything... Gary, and said drive me to the hospital, drive me to st. Mikes
,no please ,
or why...
He said yes.....got up got his keys.

I told kellie I would call, I told herd to call the hospital find out where he is going , what floor , everything so we know where we are going when we hit the hospital.

Kellie nodded, she had to stay back , georga as here and we had family coming over for dinner... Some it would be two late to call,

Time : 1:30pm oct 30 2010

Gary and I get in the car, its a 60 minute drive, on a good day, could be 120 knowing toronto.

I told gary to get coffee.. From tim hortans

And we got on the highway heading south bound... Fuck Gary drives so slow...

I called penny hiltons mom, and told her the problem, and said I'm coming to get her,........

------------------------------------

2:45pm

9th floor ICU :

From the first hour penny and I entered the hospital,

We spoke to one doctor and can't remember who he was...
He said if we can keep him alive for 24 hours... This is a good thing...


And then we saw hilton....


a lovely lady named laurie cam in

She said she was from spiritual care.......
OMG, never has my heart ever pounded so much... I'm sure penny was in the same place.....

Spiritual care... Ouch.. Like a move... If she starts giving last right and a blessing I'm gonna punch her...

So surreal......

I said: " we don't need spiritual care!" He is not going to die......... I was stern . Direct and I turn a way...
Go away laurie, fuck off
Right to her face, I was so rude..... Might as well get used to it.... I'm gonna be a bull in a china shop.... And this is the only reason to be one......... HILTON my boy..

Gave the rolling wide eye look to penny, and she gave it to me... ( Lieu laurie Is an idiot..... Gonna die fuck her....


Laurie said she would be around if she needed us...
And left

Man oh man uch.... She gave me the willies.....

Then on the 2cd hour, doctors every where, spleen. Brain, liver, lung. Kidney.
while we stand over our son I tun to go outside so I don't vomiting and a 2cd non doctor lady touches my shoulder and say in a soft hyper voice, ( she was short , I'm 6'3" , so everyone is short, ) looks like liza menelle... I don't think she could sing....

She say:
I will walk with you....

And she begins:
I'm collette and I'm a social worker here at st. Mikes and I'm here when ever you need me I'm a "page" or a phone call away.....

I said: oh my god... Your not from spiritual care here to read The last right to my son cause if you are... And this is a big trick... I'm gonna stop talking....and tell you to fuck off....

Collete, giggled looked down at the floor and said

Nope, your boys is not gonna die today...and I'm mot from spirtual care...

Let's walk....

We ended up at the north end of the 9the floor in a corner of a hallway , where left over , broken bed, and wheelchairs are, dim lights..

This little shitty area quiet, calm area...... became
For the next 20 days

"COLLETTES CORNER"...

A place of peace, to nap, and talk.....

Just for me........
------------------------------------

The next few stories are about collette.........

No comments:

Post a Comment