Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Off to st. Mikes to say goodbye to the ICU 9th floor

After the condo clean up pack up and ready to go...
----------------------------------
We all georg, alex , dan, kat kellie and julie.... And Me all headed to the hospital 9th floor...

We took the big elevators, and went down 2 floors.... Because that was a for sure thing to make it to the 9th floor faster, ( we know because we have been here for 20 days)

As we got of the elevator we headed west in front the nurses station slow and quiet... I walk in to the shitty waiting room where the ICU family's sit... And there, on the love seat was a dad, with his daughter asleep on his lap.... Alone just starting in there new life , (all the kids and kellie disappeared),
I was alone with these people, we did not mix words, they did not know I was there... They were alone!!!
there world just got so small, they are about to start on a journey that no one could prepare them for....
I do not know there names or what happened...
But I know what they feel. GOD knows that anyone in the ICU is in there own world of sorrow,
never will they be closer to there own god,

As I became aware of my surroundings... It was time to take the walk north toward those doors... Those dam door and that telephone.

As we approached a volunteer who was just out side the doors approach me and with a smile soft and sweet warm ....smile and said " you are here to see... (With such familiarity...) " Your here to see..." I stop her and said; "my son hilton past away..... On saturday... -She reach for my hand and said I'm so sorry I have not been here for a few days.... I'm so sorry.. Who are you looking for...

As she glanced at the seven of us.... ( I did not look at the other.... But for one moment just one I want to say " I'm looking for hilton"

I said: I'm looking for john the nurse" she replied come in , I don't no if he is on"

As I walk through the ICU, I saw one woman named francis who has been her for months with her son... And she gave me the ICU nod, I gave one back... She said I'm sorry, I said "you?" with a nod focussed in her sons direction... ( No real words used in the iCU)

She said "better", and
" I'm sorry tim....
I nodded saying "god bless", and walk away... She new this was the last time she would see me...
----------
I look for john and some of the others... And only today was there was Tamara....

I ask tamara to come out side the ICU doors and she did and my "superseven" gave her a huge hug...
I ask that her , john, ron denise, mya, michelle and rhonda all go out and have dinner on hilton...
Giving her a gift certificate to the keg...

I said "we could give a donation to the hospital, but you guys work so hard on hilton, and I want you guys to have fun , have a drink on my son,
read the blog ,
love and remember him for one night...
Get rest and get ready to be part of another family...

I ask her to tell simone and alberto to come to the service on friday.

Tamara awkwardly took our hugs and said she has never taken or gotten anything like this from any one......
We all gathered our thought and ran away... Saying our last good byes to the ICU.

At the elevator kellie hugged me and said:

"I never want to come back to the 9th floor, ever!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment