Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Friday night party for hilton...

( Remember frank... From the church blog)

Frank and I hugged at the church,

Kellie and the girls were in the another truck , with a wave and a kiss...they were off to the hall to celebrate hiltons life...

Now, I was alone in the parking lot of a empty church...

It was rainy and snowy... And dark / grey ... the perfect prelude to a winters day... Hilton would have been stoked... I got out of my warm truck alone and walked methodically to the church door.

I just wanted to pop in and see the church one more time , I didn't want to believe this part of the journey was over

The door was locked... Jesus christ!..... Why is the fucking door locked, it cant be.. I check the other door, " the church service can't be over." .....fuck

The other door was locked, I tugged on it a few time to make noise...in case some one inside could hear me and they could let me in.... Absolutely no one around..

It was time to go to the hall.....

Looking across the street of the church, I saw the security guy watch the panic, sadness in my face I gave him a short , small scuttled wave.... And in my truck , where I opened the window to cool off.. Boy was I sweating...

At the front door of the hall, the skater boys came and got all the pics from me and brought them inside...

As I made the corner Around the building...
There was john , a big man... And by his soft gentle words... I knew.., I just knew where he was going to go.. He said "I'm close to my son too, I still make him say - I love you and hold my hand...."
Sigh, a warm glance...

I kept walking into this huge hall...

It seemed there was even more people at the hall...
Then the church..

I made small eye contact with everyone...

Weird... I felt alone in this sea of people that I allowed to follow my family for this last month in the blog... Yet I knew very little of them...

As I walked with them.
out of the dark silhouette of strangers faces comes forward a small beautiful little girl
Thank god...smiling georga , YEhhh my little girl,
boy, I'm glad to see you... I said in her ear, bent down to love her with a squeeze... Even if her shirt say" HILTON said no hugs" ... I hugged...

I stood there for a minute and I must have dropped my guard, because people started to come towards me like a mob.... Saying sorry, hugging , wish me well, telling me " How lovely" the service is....

a face came towards me a smile
a warm smile I knew... But one I did not expect... Lauchie.. He shook my hand and said nothing... He might as well prepared a 1000 word speech....his face was worth a 1000 words...

As I let go...of lauchie's hand...Georga grabbed my hand,
hung on to my hand,, as her friends approach...

all these strangers...
Everywhere.... A sea of supporters... Come at georg and I from all sides...
I break free.....
I walk towards the small stage with a mic in hand and told everyone.
" YOU are in for one of the best celebrations of your life.. Of hiltons life."

Be prepared to be

HILTONIZED........

Light dims, music goes up.....
this smok'n great video that KAt , josef and darrel all produced, time to music with power .... Just. Blasted.
I held my breath... It was so emotional to watch in silence, no one moved, just watch...

For the next hour.... Hiltons friends and family co-workers,.... All spoke.. Such sweet word....passion and love

I learned so much... About my son..

And I thought stephan did a great job...

One of my funniest stories is KAT.... And the ICU nurse asking what hilti's nick-name was, And kat feeling uncomfortable....
Because hiltons. Nick-name is " RETARD" ironic... I think not....

I even called hilton retard at home.....( Funny shit Eh)
-----------------------------
As we watch the next movies of hilton... ( All posted on the blog)
They were so beautiful, I just cried as I held kellie, kat and georga...

And very quietly.... Kellie whispers to me... Tim , -pist pist - tim.... You forgot nat... I said what?... Talk to PAT?? What? ... She said no you idiot! ... YOU FORGOT NAT!... I return with "Shit"...
The music ended and I ran up on stage and said wait we only have one chance.. And Nat .. I forgot nat... Hiltons girl friend...

She spoke.
She was great warm and kind

We hugged and I took the mic
For one last time..

I told everyone that our children are raised by communities and if I can ask that everyone share this moment in time, share the blog...and make sure you hug your children, love them because you don't know when then will be taken from you...

I left the stage and met a gentlemen.. I ask ... Where did you skate with hilton... The yonge man said:
mr. Byrne I work for you.... ( Sigh, shit). Mr. Byrne remember you kicked me off the fork lift and told me to watch your dog....

( I feel so stupid!, so stupid!!)

I said I was sorry and asked him if he had a good time... and in behind him was a gentlemen that had waited all night...

With tears in his eyes he said "hey man" ... -Quiet with warmth..-
. The last time I saw him cry was at his moms funeral... And Ian said he was sorry...
And then jennifer ( she is beautiful) hugged me.... Wow, when she hugged me I knew , she didn't say a word, I knew something great was happening with them, ... For Ian an jenny, I'm so happy for them... Its a true blessing.. I'm so happy... .... Ian , I love you and your brothers so much... You have been part of my life... Since I was 13 years old, + I have baby- sat you guys, vacation ed with you guys, we have work together... Played, spent christmas together... As much as I have watch and help you grow up... You have watch my kids grow up.... I MISS YOU!
------------------------------------

As I went through the crowd, people hugged and squeezed, shared , laughed, cried, giggled,

the music went loud, my sister with all the girls and Dan..... Danced , and danced hard....
Loud and hard... I even join in... It was so much fun....

I thought this funeral, celebration of hiltons life was great, he would have been proud... It was the best funeral I have ever been too...

I hope nobody ever forgets my son....
HILTON A. BYRNE
Born
May 10 1990

Died:
Oct 30 2010

Sweet ride my son.....
------------------------------------
Ps: the blog is not over... I have a few stories... That I must tell and a few ICU tid-bits to share...

Please share the blog...
Keep sharing stories and comments...

1 comment:

  1. Nobody could ever forget your son. Hilton was one of a kind. Like his family is one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete